Unique Creatures!

 Hi Everyone!

Today I am writing about an octopus.  I think that they are very interesting creatures and I hope that you do too!  

The underwater city.  Scientists were studying the water and they found an underwater city.  They think that an octopus built it so that they will not get eaten by sharks and dophins.  Their city is built out of other meals like the shells of crabs.   One reason for these underwater towns may be that there is a food supply nearby. However, as with humans, octopus city life is not perfect. The animals continually try to chase one another out of each other’s dens.

Facts about the octopus form.  An octopus can change shapes to look like everyday objects. For example, an octopus can make itself look like plants and rocks/ stones.  It can also change its color to match the surrounding area.   One fun fact about an octopus is that when it is hungry it will change into a crab, that way it can get closer to the food to eat it.  These are some of the things that I think are cool about being able to change shapes and their color.

Other fun facts about the octopus:  Something cool is that an octopus does not like to be a pet.  If you try to keep it as a pet, it will try to escape and get back to the water. It will also be hard to find it if it is still there because it will blend in.  

What is one new fact that you learned today about this unique creature and what makes you unique or special?  Let me know in the comments box below, and keep being unique in this magical world. 


I got the information off of By Washington Post, adapted by Newsela staff.  If you would like to read more about these creatures go to http://newsela.com.



Comments

  1. Great information and writing. I did not know an octopus could camouflage itself. I found this writing very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love octopus! I feel sad in learning that they don't like to be made pets. I remember being at a zoo and enjoying the octopus behind the glass. Now, I wonder if he was happy.

      Delete
  2. I believe what makes me unique is my open mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is so true... I really glad that you like it! Keep coming back to here about more interesting creatures!

      Delete
  3. Connie says: I didn't know that an octopus can change it's shape! This was very interesting and I enjoyed reading it. What makes me unique? I think my sense of humor and my ability to get along with almost everyone make me unique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you researched many different subtopics. So tenta-cool! Your blog is well organized and filled with fun facts! Keep up the ink-redible work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love octopus! I feel sad in learning that they don't like to be made pets. I remember being at a zoo and enjoying the octopus behind the glass. Now, I wonder if he was happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't know if it did but if you go there again and it was gone. then you know that maybe it went home!

      Delete
  6. I had no idea octupus changed their shape/color, thanks for sharing these interesting facts. What makes me special? Maybe my compassion for keeping things organized!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nice thing that someone did.

A Little About Me

Nice Thing That People Did